[RC] Humane Society (OT)-jonny - Tx Trigger

  geckogal85>>>Did the neighbor tell you all this? How do you know they didn't offer help first? They can't just come and take animals without some sort of permission or court order<<<

The local animal control officer (remember, the one who works in the shelter that the state SHUT DOWN due to its conditions) called the Human Society. They took her word that animals should be seized. Never came first to look at the situation, and speak to the neighbor. And YES, most animal control agencies CAN come on to your property, with out notice, without permission, and without any court order and seize your animals.  Of course, by the Humane Society doing this, it took the local animal shelter, and its Animal Control officer out of the spot light for awhile, as the media was running the "big story" of seizing the dogs.  And, as I stated before, the dogs were well cared for, just too many of them in the eyes of the money grabbing Humane Society.

Just glancing around the Humane Society of the United States page. Did you know that they suggest that during the winter farm animals should be
Provided a sturdy building to house them that won't collapse under the weight of snow or ice?  Now, while we of course, would say absolutely for our horses, but I can imagine some of those ranchers with thousands of head of cattle, having buildings for all of them to get out of the cold. Like they'd use it if provided.  :-)

I think many people blindly follow an organization like this, thinking that if they are for the animals, they must be terrific. Many felt that way about PETA, until you start reading some of the more detailed views, where killing a fly is cruel. (tell that to my horse).  You want to help, go check out a local animal shelter. Adopt, or volunteer your time.

Jonni (not Jonny)