Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2007 13:21:57 -0800
From: hammerithot@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [RC] Duck rides
To: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I've done Death Valley and at least one other ride the Duck was the vet for.  I honestly cannot for the life of me remember what it was.  I had a really good time!  I'm not a top rider, I just ride to finish with a healthy horse.  The Duck is an interesting character.  If he doesn't think you're doing what you should be, he'll pull you.  I've heard stories of him pulling a horse, calling it lame, and then later saying there was nothing wrong upon seeing it later.  He's also reputed to have booted someone out of ridecamp.  He'll tweak ya if he can.  I'm hard to tweak and a little socially inept, so if he tried, I didn't notice.  He'll pop his head out of the trailer and ask you to trot your horse by, and call it good for the vet check.  Overall, I've enjoyed the methods he uses and agree with a great deal of his philosophy.