RE: [RC] No sympathy!! - Smith, Dave

Catherine:  So now I understand why all you Easterners and Midwesterners keep moving to California

From: ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of catherine demick
Sent: Thursday, December 13, 2007 2:19 PM
To: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [RC] No sympathy!!

 I know about spazzy and old bones, BUT sorry, no sympathy with 50 degrees... Here in Western Mass. at 5:30 p.m. we have 17 degrees and 8 inches of snow with it still coming down...got stuck driving home from work on my road, had to walk  1/2 mile home in my work clothes, drag hubby out of the house to pull me out with his truck and the ice under the snow is unbelievable so there is not even any good snow riding. I can't imagine what my Jazzy/Spazzy will be doing when I finally get to ride him again!!!!!!! I'm getting too old for winter in the Northeast.

From: "Nancy" <nancy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [RC] Just Ride!

OK.OK!! With the rain and now the cold Jazzi is beyond spazzy. I rode her
the day before yesterday and it was like riding a barrel of loaded TNT ready
to blow at any moment. I have not been looking forward to riding her alone
in the (so cal) cold. It was in the mid 30's this morning at the barn and
now (9 am) it is just barely 50 at the house. It will be in the low 40's at
the barn and on the trails. One of my borders just called and we will go out
on what we call an "old lady ride" this morning. This will, I hope, unload
the bulk of the TNT so I can then do some training when the geriatric horses
are done with the old lady ride. I just do not want to get hurt! Herein
lies the main problem, old rider + young, fit horse + cold weather =
DANGER!!!! OK, OK, I even lunge her first, off I go, pray for me!

Nancy Reed

(Please God, protect my old, beat up bod)

Lazy J Ranch

Elfin Forest, CA (who said it never gets cold in southern California?)

The best games are on Xbox 360. Click here for a special offer on an Xbox 360 Console. Get it now!