[RC] When to start conditioning for first 50 - jamie ward

My husband and I plan to do our fist 50 this year. The ride we plan on doing is Grizzly mountain it is usually held the third week in April. We have 10 and 12 yr old horses who have done LD's one of them hasn't been rode since OCT 6 the other off and on the last few month's but was a brood mare the last three years. When should we start conditioning ?  Also how often/hard should the rides be the first month
Thanks Jamie

 Custom made rump rug's, all come with a warrantee and a guarantee !  For a limited time each come with a free "surprise" thank you gift. Visit http://jamers1220.tripod.com/  for info and ride story's .or you can call me (541)761-9837 for more info

When I can't ride any more, I shall still keep horses as long as I can hobble about with a bucket and wheelbarrow. When I can't hobble, I shall roll my wheelchair out to the fence of the field where my horse's graze, and watch them. - Monica Dickens