Re: [RC] !Robert Miller, DVM on Barbaro &horsemanship today - SandyDSA

In a message dated 2/2/2007 1:36:19 P.M. Pacific Standard Time, circle.of.mares@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
If it weren't for the frequent veterinary checks, which are mandatory, can
you imagine how many endurance racing horses would die because of their
riders' consuming desire to win?
why are we offended by this? I guess the truth hurts - and there are more and more people getting into endurance horse discovered the sport before they ever learned anything meaningful about horses. Now THAT is scary. It is just a comment on the frustrating and sad way the horses are treated when there is a bit of money or prestige connected with an event. Otherwise, why do we have futuriy anything, or 2 year old races, or even HAVE to set age limits for distance horses.