[RC] Barbaro - Patricia Israelson

I was deeply saddened to hear of Barbaro's passing.  He was a wonderful young horse and carried the hopes and dreams of millions of people as we all  prayed for his recovery.  It just wasn't meant to be.  Rather than complaining about his unsuccessful treatment, I prefer to focus on what Barbaro and the severity of his injury has taught us in regards to treating horses with similar injuries in the future.  Hopefully in the future we will be able to save horses with severe broken bones because now the doctors know how to handle that type of injury more efficiently. Thank you Barbaro, for being a winner in spite of all of the obstacles you had to face. Now you can race with the angels.
Patty Israelson