RE: Re: [RC] protective vests - Burnett, Elly

Title: RE: Re: [RC] protective vests

I've been using a vest I got from Susan at healthyasahorse.net and I love it so far.  It's a Casel-Equi (same company that makes bullriding vests) and it was designed specifically for endurance use.  They make a variety of styles, including one for eventing, but I like the endurance one because it's cut shorter in the back and therefore doesn't bump against the saddle when you post.  I've only used mine a handful of times so far, and it's pretty darn comfortable.  The added bonus is you can custom-choose your colors and it's got a pocket in the back for a medical card.  I think the cost is comparable to the Tipperary eventer (~$250).

Once the four-year-old comes back from the trainer, I won't be doing much riding without it.

Elly