Re: [RC] re: managing over 50 - rides2far@xxxxxxxx

Darn Cindy....just go ahead and burst the bubble for us that are sneaking
up on 50.
I am already falling apart, and hope that I can hold it together a while
longer. But what
you say is true.
Jody

Jody, what are you talking about? It's not the years, it's the miles....you
have the body of a 70 year old now. What's left to dread? >eg<

Angie

Explore all of Europe's beauty! Click now for great vacation packages!
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2121/fc/Ioyw6i3nKHMI21gljmBWZr3wH4TxSIFRPVw5iU0JzDLSb467zurwZQ/

--- Begin Message ---
Darn Cindy....just go ahead and burst the bubble for us that are sneaking up on 50.
I am already falling apart, and hope that I can hold it together a while longer. But what
you say is true.

Jody

Cindy Collins <c_collins@xxxxxxx> wrote:
As someone who is over 50, here's my advice.  Don't do it!  Don't lift more than 30 lbs, period.  I know that many of you out there will say how you can fling 100 lb sacks of grain over your shoulder every day....etc.  That's great...until you can't and you do other serious damage that causes you to change all of your riding dreams.  Use a cart, use a 4 wheeler, use a neighbor kid.  Don't be macho.  Plus, it's darn expensive to have all of your body parts put back together.  Just think of how many LQ trailers I could have and how many XP rides I could attend for all the money I've spent on surgeries, physical therapy, doctors, medicine, etc.  It's not worth it.  BTW, I suggest Pilates with a really well trained instructor for developing your core strength...however, that does not mean you'll be 25 years old ever again :)

Cindy Collins

--- End Message ---