[RC] Pacific Crest Trail Triple Grant - FXLivestock

 I sent this to the So Cal list but thought it might interest endurance riders in the Northwest region as the PCT runs through Oregon and Washington.  I did not send the attachment but if you would like a copy of the PCTA letter, please e mail me privately at fxlivestock at aol.com

Tara forwarded this to me so I thought I would pass it on to the list.    For those of you that are not aware several of our So Cal endurance rides, both past and present, incorporate the Pacific Crest Trail as part of their ride course.  Some of these rides include Warner Springs, Californios Lite, Californios 100, and the new Big Bear 100 ride.  I have attached a letter from the PCTA.  If you are interested in making a donation the PCTA address is 5325 Elkhorn Blvd., PMB 256, Sacramento, CA 95842

The Pacific Crest Trail Association (PCTA) has a rather unique
opportunity whereby any donations made made before Dec 31, 2007 will
be triple matched. Yes, for every $1 received, they PCTA will receive
an additional $3 in matching funds from the U.S. Forest Service

(please see the attached letter).

The PCT is one of the most well traveled trail in the U.S. AND it is
used by hikers AND equestrians (one of the few that allows
equestrians). The Appalachian Trail bans all but hikers.
This level of matching funding will even greater levels of care and
maintenance for the PCT. Take advantage of the rare opportunity to
provide much needed funding to keep this wonder trail open.