[RC] cold weather riding - CTH

It is darn cold up here in Alberta.
If we want to ride we ride in the cold.
Not having the luxury of a barn cooling out the horses is a challenge.
Thought I would share what I do
.
They get very sweaty with the long hair.
As soon as I get back I get a polar fleece on them to start wicking sweat. I put a light weight nylon cooler to black the wind.
Polar fleece on its own does not keep warm.
I pick snow balls off the legs and towel dry vigorously the legs, under the belly any where I can to get them dry ASAP.
I change the polar fleece blankets often as they get wet quickly.
Once I have them as dry as possible I put dry polar fleece blankets and a winter blanket over top.
The idea is to get them dry as possible and then under blanket.
The trick is not blanketing to soon if they are hot or they continue to sweat under the blanket then get chilled.
If it sounds like a lot of work it is but nothing beats a crisp ride on a beautiful winter day.

1-866-987-4816
LAST CHANCE!!!
Contest for to WIN tack ends Nov 30 midnight
Go to the web site for details

20% off beta and biothane tack