RE: [RC] Bandos Saddle questions - Ranelle Rubin

Dear AERC Members Forum and Ridecampers,

After answering Roxanne's great questions about my experiences with the Bandos Saddle, I decided to forward the answers to the lists. I hope no one minds. I don't have an interest in the company..just feel compelled to get the word out:

Roxanne,

So far, I really like this saddle. I will try to answer your questions to the best of my ability.

How is your trial progressing? Good, see above. I have ridden it about 25 miles a week..roughly two rides/week..and also half of Tevis. Other than the first 50 miles of Tevis, I have ridden it on only a couple rides that were +/- 20 miles. My horse moves well in it, very free in the back and shoulder, and will round up into it easily.

Have you had any specific concerns about this saddle as far as fit and ability to fit various horse builds? It will conform to any horse as it is treeless. The problem I had with the Freeform, the lack of wither clearance is not a problem with the Bandos by the design of the pommel.

Is it comfortable for you? Absolutely! You can move the stirrup placement to any spot that works..you just lift up the seat and move the plate that holds the stirrups..fraction of an inch as so desired.

Is the workmanship holding up ok? Very well so far. No issues whatsoever with any seams or wear.

What pad is working best with it? You really want to use a HAF pad or an Equipedic. I use the Haf pad.

Do they offer a trail before you buy? You have a trial period of 10 days in which to return it.

Do you know if assistance is needed/available to select a size? I think there are only two sizes..1 and 2. Mine is a 2, and I am 5'2", but have a pretty stocky build..135 lbs....so that is the size that fits best with the sheepskin cover I use. If I was not using a sheepskin cover, I would probably use the size 1.

Have you ridden other saddles that you prefer? None yet.

Any other advice? Get one if you are considering treeless. They have taken the best features of the Barefoot Cheyenne and the Freeform and combined them to create a great saddle IMO.

For any who have not seen the saddle, here is a link to the pictures:

http://picasaweb.google.com/FreeFormUSA/BandosTrail

Hope this helps,

Ranelle Rubin, Business Consultant
http://www.rrubinconsulting.com