Re: [RC] What kind of vehcle is your horse? - Elizabeth Chase

Kewl descriptions!

I think of my Akhal-Teke mare as a road-rally car.... really fast, 135 degree
turns on a thought, short turning radius so can spin donuts in place without
getting dizzy... gets up to speed and maintains speed well, good gas mileage.
Audi Quattro V8 turbo, 5 speed, All-wheel-Track. Great for long road trips,
too, especially the teeny backroads with lots of twisty-turnies.

My hunter-weight TB is like my Explorer....  great utility vehicle, not much to
look at, but a heart of generosity and just keeps going and going and going....
Great in traffic, excellent sightlines, other cars just get out of the way.

My new TB mare (a gift.... me or the knackers)...  Last seaon's Lexus that
proved too much for a driver that needs to drive slower before she drives
faster.  This one will take some detoxifying to get the sugar and alfalfa out
of her system, and doesn't need someone to ride the brakes, the clutch and the
gas all at the same time. Private closed-course driving until further notice.
This one gets a helmet and five-point safety harness, plus a roll-bar, lol....

Liz
MN

--- Lynn White <lynndeepoo@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

About a year ago I wrote this up for fun.  You would
never guess that I LOVE '59 Cadillacs.  I grew up in
Detroit, so go figure.

Vehicle/Horse Equivalents

American Quarter horse:  Ford pickup.  Really tough,
will go any where and do anything, but with rough
suspension.

Appendix Quarter horse:  GMC Pickup. Similar to the
Ford pickup but with smoother suspension.

American Paint:  Dodge Pickup.  Same as the Ford
pickup, only flashier and with more chrome.

Show Halter Quarter horse:  Ford Edsel. An American
experiment that failed.

Morgan:   Subaru Forrester.   All purpose, fuel
efficient, long lived, and stylish looking.

Thoroughbred:  Lexus.  Classy, and can go really fast
and smooth. Not suitable for a lot of off-road work.

Friesian:  Hummvee.   Distinctive (you always know one
by the first glance), everyone seems to want one but
few can afford one.

Tennessee Walker:  Crown Victoria.  Nice ride and one
of the favorites for police use.

Akhal-Teke:  1959 Cadillac.  Long, shiny, smooth ride,
distinctive, and with lots of history.  You either
think they are the coolest looking car on earth or you
can?t stand the sight of them.

Any German Warm Blood:  Mercedes Benz.  German made
with exquisite precision.  Great resale value.

Polish Arabian:  Toyota Camary.  All around great car
that gets good fuel  mileage and lasts forever with
regular maintenance.

Shagya Arabian:  Acura Legend.  Like the Camary only a
little pricier and a little stouter.

Egyptian Arabian:  Honda Accord.  Similar to the
Camary only from a different manufacturer.

Show Arabian:  Porsche.  Stylish, sporty, expensive,
usually uses high octane fuel, and many famous people
own at least one.  You wouldn?t put your kids in one.

Icelandic:  Subaru Brat.  Really tough, cute, fuel
efficient, small, yet with a smooth ride. Great for
off road work.

Mustang:  Ford Mustang?kind of a no-brainer on that
one.

Appaloosa:  International Harvester Scout.  Tough and
reliable for off road work, has loyal following.  Can
be temperamental.

Palomino parade horse:  ?57 Chevy.  Everyone likes to
look at one.  Most people can tell you what they are
looking at.

Shetland Pony:  Willies Jeep.  Really tough,
temperamental, small.  Rough suspension but will take
you anywhere.  Good for industrial work.

Any bombproof grade horse that neck reins:  Any
minivan with automatic transmission and  power
steering.  Suitable for family use, and most kids
learn to drive with one.

Mule:  Honda Hybrid.  Most people that have one are
very likable.

Any draft breed:  ?51 Ford 1-ton flatbed with wrap
around windows.  Nostalgic.  Everyone likes to look at
them but few would want to own one.

with Yahoo Mobile. Try it now.

Make Yahoo! your homepage.
http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs