RE: [RC] what kind of car is your horse? - Susan E. Garlinghouse, DVM

I’d have to say Cheyenne is a big, shiny Ford truck---lots of size and power, good looking, not as smooth a ride as some models but what you gave up in a glass-like ride you get back in power.  However, I also suspect the  vehicle in question has been driven into a tree sometime in the past, as the steering is sometimes faulty, the brakes occasionally non-functional and the accelerator has been known to get stuck.  Luckily, her mechanic Charlene Lewis has been working on all of this and hasn’t once suggested sending her to the chop shop.

Her brother Dakota also started as a Ford, but has currently evolved into a Bentley.  Incredible, sophisticated (and very expensive) ride but has a lot more blue-blooded options than his owner knows how to operate (not that I’m going to give him up, regardless).

Katy the Arab mare is a 4WD jeep, but we only have one set of keys for the ignition, currently in my husband’s possession, and he won’t share or carpool.

Cato is the broken down, rusty, trusty old Ford that took me everywhere in my youth and still gets a prime place in the garage even though there’s stuffing coming out of the seats and the engine is shot.

Hannah the Mule is the big, old farm tractor that snorts, roars and farts as she goes down the road about 2 mph, but no one is quite sure how to operate the heavy machinery parts.

Susan Garlinghouse, DVM