[RC] Who *I* want to read an "about shoeing" article from. - rides2far

*Susan....curious to hear what the current (you are "relatively" >
current> vet) teachings are in vet school regarding proper hoof function,
form and> physiology?.  Frankly, I would trust a vet over a shoer most
of the > time if> I had questions regarding any hoof abnormalities, or
pathologies.

OK, I'm going to say something I hate to say. I want an article written
by Jody Buttram on shoeing. I've read vet articles from vets who didn't
have a whole lot better success than I've had. I've read articles from
farriers who I'm not sure why they're published other than that they
write well. I've been hanging out with Jody a bit (though that could
change if she doesn't quit ragging poor 7's pot belly)...and it's taken
me this long to realize that she has perfect credentials, and actually
writes well (noticed from reading her president's column for SERA).

Jody is at present has 12,285 miles... third in all time mileage among
Southeast competitors (250 miles behind Susan Kasemayer who is leading
living rider now).  Another 1500 miles and she'll be first over Lawton
Johnston if she keeps it up. She's completed over 30 one day 100's. Who
has she shod? Here's a few I know...

She's a farrier who has shod :  Kahlil Khai 11,525
                                             Lain 8,095
                                             Petit Jets Shadow 5,340
                                             Raf Darget 2,150
                                             Jets Irish Rose 3,065
                                             Petit Shamere 1,850
                                             Petit Jet Aries 1,755
                                             Fantastic Love 1,950
                                             Cash Bonus 1,210   (7 out
of 8 100's completed)

She just happened to mention in conversation recently that she *never*
uses the front hole when nailing on shoes. WHAT??? How many times have I
read "don't use the last hole in the rear or the heel can't expand"!  Her
comment.."Bullshit". I couldn't figure out how to get the toe farther
back and switching the nail holes and using the back three was the
answer.

What else does she know that she's too busy competing to bother to share
with us? I think it's about time we demand that she start spreading her
experience around!

Angie