Re: [RC] Beet pulp and cigarettes (now colics) - Trailrite

In a message dated 11/21/2007 12:26:36 PM Pacific Standard Time, Sheila_Larsen@xxxxxxx writes:
I don't think they necessarily have a natural ability to fend off parasites
as much as they probably didn't historically collect them as much because
they were not kept in the same conditions that we keep them now.
I agree, but I was around a boarding facility and a rental facilities over the years.  The rental horses were mostly in large big pens.  I can't remember what sort of hay was given but I think it was a low grade alfalfa hay.  Since this was in Palm Springs, CA then there was sand everywhere.

Tammy Robinson
Trail-Rite Products
18171 Lost Creek Road
Saugus, CA 91390