RE: [RC] gas mileage - Kristen A Fisher

My brother quit buying Tundras because they just didn’t hold up to hauling. He uses them as a contractor’s truck and sometimes has to pull a flat bed with equipment on it. He said he had to replace the rear axle in every one he has had, 2x on one of them. He bought a GMC to replace his last Tundra [and they were a 100% Toyota family]. Maybe some hauling capacity has improved in the last model year or so, he went to GMC mid-2006.

BTW my Pathfinder says run only premium gas in it. I don’t.

Kristen

From: ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Karen Standefer
Sent: Sunday, November 18, 2007 10:35 AM
To: 'Linda Marins'; Susith@xxxxxxx; ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [RC] gas mileage

The reports I heard on the news the other day crucified the new Tundra saying that the tailgates were very defective, mechanically they are a mess and the bed has been falling apart.  I’d be leery of purchasing one until Toyota deals with the issues.  They were also saying it appeared to be a Toyota problem overall for 2008 as the Camry has been fraught with issues as well (and that has always been a very stable and top selling car).

From: ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Linda Marins

When I bought my last truck in 2004, the Toyota Tundra required 93 octane gas.

I.e., what you might gain in mileage, you lose paying an addition 20 cents

per gallon.  Is this still true of the new Tundra?

Linda Marins

Checked by AVG Free Edition.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.