[RC] how does Sweepstakes work? - Marlene Moss

I am buying a filly whose sire is Sweepstakes nominated.? The filly (she is 2 ½) is not currently sweepstakes – is it possible to contact the breeder and pay a fee to get her nominated as well?? Are there different kinds of sweepstakes for different fields or is there any other details I would need to know or think about?

The filly will be a very nice dressage horse and I’m hoping interested in some level of endurance.? At first I didn’t think endurance would make sense because I thought her legs were too light boned.? In measuring and comparing to some of my other horses, she has a decent circumference cannon, they’re just long.? So I’d still probably want to not try to turn her into a really serious endurance horse but I just can’t imagine owning a horse that doesn’t have some ability on the trail!

Anyhow, curious about the Sweepstakes thing – I’ve never done anything with it before and thought I’d at least investigate the possibility.

Thanks!

Marlene

Marlene Moss

Saddle Fitting - www.KineticEquineAnalysis.com