Re: [RC] Bay Versus Grey - Barbara McCrary

Speaking of names related to horses, when my husband and I were courting, 57 years ago, we rode together, sometimes with a neighbor young man with whom my husband was good friends.  I had a bay mare, my husband had a brown gelding, and the neighbor had a brown mare.  We called ourselves The Swanton Brown Horse Association.  I had nearly forgotten that until you mentioned calling your farm by horse color names.

Barbara

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, November 16, 2007 5:49 PM
Subject: [RC] Bay Versus Grey

I've joked with my husband that we should name our farm "Bays and Greys" 'cause that's what we have.  The Arabs are grey and the Standardbreds are bay.

Someone once asked me what color my Standardbred was.  I told her he was a bay.  Some else around sarcastically said that all Standardbreds were bay.  I told her that Standardbreds come in All colors: bay, dark bay, light bay, blood bay, etc.

Carolyn Burgess