[RC] Don and Pam Bowen's Move - Lisa Schneider

Title: Don and Pam Bowen's Move

So, it’s time to move.

This is a good career move for Don, so we have to go to that gawdawful place near the OR border.  I’m a very spoiled SoCal brat, I’m not so happy about this.  Let’s see, Malibu, CA that has great training grounds, vs the frozen nawth, with snow, I HATE snow.

As I type this, Don and many friends are in transit to the new place that just closed up north.  Barb Thomas is moving CJ and Willy (the flying horse).  Gary Hall (yes, spouse of our beloved Judy Hall at AERC) is moving my 2 Rem kids, my babies, one is barely fitting in the trailer J.  And Don is pulling my precious mare and the evil cow.  I am left here with Whyatt who just got a clean bill yesterday at Alamo after an experimental procedure (cranial cruciate injury with stem cell), Dr. Judy is VERY serious as the sport horse doc, Whyatt was in the Alamo study program, (it rocks), and I have the stallion here.  I’ll go next week.

And Dick Fonseca showed up to help us load, so did Don’s beloved fire crew!

The Malibu Ride, will be turned over to Barb, the trail will basically remain the same, it will still be a tough ride and she will do the AHA championship, Barb has done a GREAT job in the past, and we all want to thank the Bowers for helping get this ride back to the Malibu coast.  Don and I spent a TON of time dealing with the park to get basecamp back to Paramount, looks like we cleared the way for Barb!!!!!  I’m planning on coming down for Malibu, I LOVE this ride.

The Hugh Hewitt memorial.  I turned all funds over to Dana Mora, she is working with the folks now for the artwork, etc.  We had hoped it would happen before we had to leave, just taking more time than what we thought.  I want to thank everyone that contributed to the fund.  Charlene Lewis started it, then Tammy Robinson carried it, then we inherited it.  Malibu was the LAST ride Hughie vetted.  There is now a ton of money in the fund, Don and I both are very sorry we couldn’t see this thru, but, Dana and Barb are very competent so things should work out just fine.

To all our friends in the PS region, goodbye, and good luck.  But, I think we’ll all see each other again at one ride or another!!!!!!

Pam Bowen