[RC] Ad in the EN - Karen Everhart

Thank you Frank.

Before anyone decides to go "look up my record" please note that I have never done Endurance - LD's, 50, 75 or 100 (in case someone wants to start that discussion again).  But I have run a few thousand CTR miles and brought along horses which became National Champions, etc.- you can look up my NATRC or AHA record.

But it is the very things Frank has pointed out in his post that deters me from making the move over to Endurance.  Can someone please tell me why the horse has to suffer so often in this sport for what appears to be the "goals" of the rider?

Karen Everhart MEd
Co-founder and Executive Director
Rainbow Meadows Rescue and Retirement, Inc.
Serving the equine companions who have so loyally served us...
www.rainbowmeadowsranch.com
620-725-3402

Owner/Operator Horse Calls - Equine Management Solutions
Centered Riding Instructor
Distance Horse Conditioning and Training
www.horsecalls.com
316-648-5082
  Perhaps an endurance advertisement of a horse coming into a vet check with three people sloshing cold water on it to get it to cool down just enough to meet pulse/recovery criteria, while massage is being applying to tightening muscles (in order to continue), while cold water is being applied to active pathology in lower limbs to slow it down so the vet check can be passed, would be more appropriate?
  Perhaps an endurance advertisement of a horse racing out of a vet check to "catch up" after having to remain in that vet check an extra few minutes to meet recovery criteria or for its gut motility to kick back in would be more appropriate?
  Perhaps an endurancement advertisement of a horse whose cut or banged up lower limb cuts are being evaluated to determine whether than horse is sound enough to CONTINUE on the oh-so-important-endurance-event it now finds itself on.
  There are many ads which could be run in a magazine to illustrate the sport, some absolutely wonderful and inviting, to be sure.

It's amazing how "wrapped around the axle" people get on the "appearance" of things and then are able to turn an eye at what is standing, live, right before them.