Sent: Tuesday, November 13, 2007 9:48 AM
Subject: [RC]

Speaking of snakes. I was ridng yesterday the weather was great here in ga.  I was on new trail made for the upcoming endurance ride in January. I was in front on my arab and my husband was behind on his quarterhorse. I topped a small hill and this large diamond back was lying in the sun across the trail. i saw it and tried to stop my horse. since he loves to run up the hills it took a second too long. by the time we stopped he was astride the snake with his hind hoove in the middle of the snake. I swear the snakes head was huge and his rattles started shaking.  I kicked my horse's butt around just as the snake stated to coil up and then it started moving towards the brush. My husbands horse was aware of the snake my who is a smart horse did not seem to notice the snake. Any of you have a good snake story?