[RC] 25 vs 50 - jeanmiller

I also found that almost any horse can be yanked out of pasture and taken on a 25 mile ride.  But one better be a smart rider.  I also did the same thing with a 50.  But here is what was different, I took pature potato Charlie out of pasture to do a 50 since for whatever reason he was the only available horse for me.  We did the ride in 6 1/2 hrs, fat belly swinging as we trotted along.  His recoveries were great, the vets asked me at the end why didn't I go faster since I had so much horse left over!  The reason why the pasture potato was able to do this was that he was an ex-endurance competitive horse who had had years of conditioning on him.  He just hadn't been ridden much this particular year!  That old boy was so happy to be back on trail, I had a blast tooling along on him.  Jeanie