Re: [RC] Trail trash and such - Susan

Why don't y'all come to the Central Region and ride whatever distance you want?  We don't call names!  However, we DO have family celebrations...especially at OCER rides.  We had a wedding reception for our own Jesse Burton and his bride after a ride this summer.  Some of us even made it to the wedding (not associated with the ride).  Riders / dear friends are still giving gifts to Dad for my parents 60th wedding anniversary.  So, you never know what's going to happen at a ride.  A party can break out at the drop of a hat.  Shucks! We may even take up a donation for one of us that has been ill or injured.

I've been riding endurance rides since 1986 and have NEVER been called a name...even when someone got mad at me.  I've certainly never been looked down upon because of the distance I choose to ride.  Then again, I'm not LOOKING for trouble either.

Carla is right: "Let's find some positive nicknames for each other and just enjoy each day we take another breath with our horses."

Another poster wrote in part:
You can't win for losing.  When I do a 50, I'm called a horse crippler and when I do a 25, I'm called trail trash.

Semper Obliquo (Always aside),
Susan Young, The Princess of Pink
Your Independent Mary Kay Beauty Consultant
Glenndale Grace Farm, Ft Gibson, Oklahoma U.S.A.
"Ride on! Rough-shod if need be, smooth-shod if that will do, but ride on! Ride on over all obstacles, and win the race!" - Charles Dickens (1812-1870)