[RC] A name with an explanation for Julie - janet palma

 Julie,

I have always been treated great at every ride I've gone to and I have yet to put my horse to the test of a 50.  I really don't believe very many riders are worrying about what distance anyone else is going.  I do think there's some pride involved with riding a 50 or 100, as there should be if the horse looks good at the end.

I was turned on to the sport by a very classy rider with an incredible ride record.  She did a limited distance ride with me to show me the ropes, and I'll be forever grateful.

But at least one ridecamper "Normanjudyu" says, "I thinks LD is the ruination of endurance".  I think he felt that way because of the man beating his tired horse at the Mariposa ride.  But that guy was not an LD rider, he was a fluke.  It would be like me going to a roping competition on my little Arab with her red plastic tack and my fat stirrups in tights and a helmet and trying to win the thing!

Janet