[RC] Santa Fe - Laura Hayes

Laney asked if anyone knew anything about the 2008 Santa Fe ride---

Yes, I am entered (rider #2), there is a limit of 60 riders this year, husband Mark is signed up to vet.   They will be applying for AERC sanctioning with the dates of Aug 31-Sept 14.  They have a tentative schedule and a meeting of management just after T'giving.

I am going to be riding for the Lymphoma and Leukemia Society with the hopes of raising $10K.  We are going to schedule bone marrow donor drives in at least one, and maybe more towns along the way in honor of my 19 year old niece, Alison Hayes who is undergoing preparation for umbilical stem cell transplant as we speak.  No bone marrow match was found, and we would like to raise awareness of the need for donors.

The Santa Fe ride was one of the highlights of my 25 year endurance career, and we wouldn't think of missing it in '08.

We are hoping you will be there again, Laney---we had fun last summer, eh?

Laura Hayes