[RC] trail trash and crabby old riders - rides2far

First, I think any one who calls LD riders trail trash deserves to be
 > criticized. (though it is funny if it's being said by someone like
Angie:)

Lord help us Cindy, be careful. For the record I have NEVER said Trail
Trash. She was just making a point!  (just takes one person responding to
a partial post and everyone will say that was mine! :-P

I personally have never seen anyone, or heard anyone complain about
ANYONE who does slow LD's. The person on here who claimed they'd been
called "Trail Trash" for being slow, but couldn't say who said it made me
very suspicious. The last thing anyone would suggest is that someone who
takes all the time allowed to do 25 should move up to 50! I have never,
never, never, (in 20 years) heard a complaint from anyone about a 25 who
was not RACING...and then it was just that a person who was fit (not
crippled, aged, deformed, or incredibly poor and couldn't condition) and
a horse that was very capable, fit, and built for endurance and sprinting
around a course of 25 miles and flagging that tail in the air during BC
judging didn't go ahead and move up instead of thinking they deserved
praise for "beating" all those who did LD the way it was meant to be done
(in my predjudiced opinion).

Truman, you are not allowed to wear a "Trail Trash" shirt unless you take
an overqualified horse and run the snot out of it 2 hours at a time for a
season or two. Trail Trash is still too strong a term for
that...something like "Trail Bullies", fits better.  Nothing wrong with
"winning" some LD's...I'm just not impressed if someone makes a career of
it. I am absolutely totally fine with people who enjoy doing LD's. If
someone actually *had* used a term like "trail trash" I'm sure it would
have been used describing an abusive rider of any distance...abusive
would be worthy of the term.

Angie