[RC] re: trail trash and crabby old riders - Cindy Collins

First, I think any one who calls LD riders trail trash deserves to be criticized. (though it is funny if it's being said by someone like Angie:) That being said, this whole thread irritates me just as much as it did the first time it came around a thousand times ago.? Yes, many of us old, crabby riders are the most?adamant about what real endurance is or is not.? Many of us old crabby riders don't ride much any more due to our failing health.? However, that IS the point.? You don't see those crabby old endurance riders, who may now only be able to ride LD distances, wanting to change the focus of endurance.? Even if I can't ride like I used to, I still want the sport focused on 100 mile rides.? Even if I can only ride 25s, I don't want 25 milers winning big awards and being given national championship status.? Because I can't do something doesn't mean I want the world to change over my problems...whether those problems are age, health, money, other responsibilities, old or young horses, etc.? THAT'S what old timers find so incredibly offensive and no many how many times they say it or try to explain it, it gets twisted into something else.??

Cindy Collins