[RC] Prize Money for Sultan's Cup - Jay Randle

Hi All

I find it very interesting that the Organising Committee of the Sultan's Cup changed the format of the prize money at the last minute.   Instead of the advertised amounts for 1st - 10th placings, they changed it so that EVERY completion gets USD$5000.  This changes the focus from a winning one to a completion one!

I agree that this is a good idea, particularly for a race such as this one where it is imperative that a 40% completion rate from the International Horses is gained in order to guarantee that Malaysia keeps the WEC2008 ride.

Although the weather was kind to the horses, and a high percentage completion rate is happening as I write this, this re-distribution of the prize money really says a lot about the committment of the Malaysians to hanging onto the 2008 event.

Best regards

Jay Randle
SPLENDACREST ENDURANCE TRAINING
www.freewebs.com/splendacrest

Listen now! New music from the Rogue Traders.