RE: [RC] The Australian solution - Chris Anton

Thank you Jay. This makes so much sense to me!

In our lives, we have two or three opportunities to be a hero, but almost every day, we have the opportunity not to be a coward.

- Spanish proverb

From: splendacrest@xxxxxxxxxxx
To: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [RC] The Australian solution
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2007 00:56:15 +0000

Hi All

I have read with interest the thread on horse abuse at a LD ride.  Some of you have queried what we do here in Australia, so here goes:

EVERY rider in Australia who wishes to try endurance riding MUST successfully complete 2 x 40km "Training Rides".  These rides are usually held in conjunction with an 80km ride, however several clubs hold dedicated Training Ride weekends for newcomers to the sport, which also include short seminars on feeding, saddle-fit, training, etc.

It is possible to continue doing Training Rides for years on end at CarPoint.com.au. It's simple!

Boo!?Scare away worms, viruses and so much more! Try Windows Live OneCare! Try now!