From: ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Jessica Spoone-Raines
Sent: Wednesday, November 07, 2007 9:53 AM
To: mike@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; Ridecamp (E-mail)
Subject: Re: [RC] Mariposa abuse

If a horse won't work to its physical capabilities without being hit then its time to re-evaluate that horse/rider combo or the training the horse has received. Just because a horse can run doesnt mean it should. The only thing I have ever used a crop for is to tap my horses on the shoulder to get their attention when they are spazzing. Kinda of like tapping a person on the shoulder but with a bigger finger. My gelding will run his heart out for me, I know this quite well. Thats why I am always doubly sure to not ask him to. He is my friend and well you just dont hurt your friends, you try and look out for them.
Jessica Spoone-Raines