Re: [RC] [RC] Abuse - SandyDSA

Carla,
    I agree - your experience has also led to your increased horse mastership in the sport. For people like us, a good part of our combined experience has been on the race track, in the show ring, hunters, jumpers, driving, eventing, and other less athletic pursuit:). Having also shanked for and tech'ed for vets over the years, it would be patently unfair to now say - if I was just starting the sport - due to the abusive nature of SOME riders, you now have to ride in a sport you have no interest in CTR - so that we will KNOW you will not over ride your horse. It would also not be effective.  My experience has been that it is not the LD riders alone who ride abusively, in fact, MOST of them who I have encountered DID indeed need some education and were willing students - many horrified that ANYONE thought they were abusive.
    Being more experienced does not necessarily translate into less abusive.
Sandy Adams
Deep Sands Arabians
www.deepsands.com