Re: [RC] Alternative to generators - desertrydr1

I don't know if it would work at a ride, but I can tell you from experience that those windmills whinerather loudly.  A gal i know lives right next to one in some guy's backyard.  It interferes with her sleep if there's a breeze to get it going.  The guy didn't get the proper county permits, so the story goes, so the county told him he had to take it down.  So instead, he built another one on a mobile platform.  Said they couldn't regulate it if it wasn't attached to the ground or some nonsense.  So now she has two of them right outside her bedroom window.  Me personally, I think it would probably be more on the order of white noise, but some people just can't sleep if it's not relatively quiet.  jeri