RE: [RC] OT-Pay for services - Mary Sutliff

I don't think you will find anyone willing to do that job to your specifications.  What I would suggest if your horses are able to go in and out at will is to stop bedding the stalls and install mats if you don't have them now.  This will encourge the horses to go outside to pee and poop.  When we are gone and have a barn sitter there are usually 2 horses and 2 goats left at home.  The sitter feeds and picks up any poop in the stalls and maybe cleans the small paddocks.  Our small paddocks lead to bigger paddocks and the pet sitter does not clean those.  She's usually here for 30 - 45 minutes and we pay $15 per visit.  I had foot surgery a week ago and she comes in the mornings about 8 am.  There are four horses here now and she charges the same-$15 per visit.  My husband does the evening chores and there is more for him to do now that I can't get out there.
Mary S.
Arlington, Wa.

Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 15:06:16 -0700
From: geckogal85@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [RC] OT-Pay for services
To: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hello all!
What is a fair amount to pay for the cleaning/mucking of 3 large stalls?
I have been instructed by the doc (back issues again) to not clean stalls. The
horses can run in and out, the area hasn't been cleaned in a while and I was
going to pay someone to do it. To get rid of the shavings, muck and hose clean
and the way I want it, it would take about 2 hours tops. What is reasonable? What
would you Charge?

Geckogal85