[RC] OT - My faithful companion is sooo sick - Valerie Jaques

I know it's off topic, but....  We've had a tumultuous week with the fires.  The new home we were buying burned down and now we're dealing with trying to salvage that.  Seller is being weird all of a sudden.  But back to why I'm really writing.  My 8-year-old Aussie mix girl has kidney failure.  I took her to the doc yesterday on the off chance her incontinence could be helped.  Roxy has been incontinent off and on and leaving small puddles most of her life, so when she started leaving big puddles, I thought it was just age catching up with her.  But, when I realized the kitten hadn't had any vax yet, I thought, what the hell, I'll take Roxy in as well, just to see if she had an infection or something.  Well, it's kidney failure.  Bad kidney failure.  I can't think of anything she might have gotten into.  The incontinence started pretty much during the fires, so it hasn't been going on long.  Roxy's been in the hospital for about 24 hours now.  I called this morning, and her creatinine and BUN are even worse than they were yesterday.  I'm so afraid I'm about to lose this sweet dog.  She has been my constant companion for much of the last seven years, going with me on my daily rounds shoeing horses, and many of my clients treasure her, as well.  Just wanted to share a little, maybe even vent a little....
Val