RE: [RC] Fw: HELP! Need a connection in CA... - Terry Banister

This was posted a couple of days ago by Beth Cooke:
One of my neighbors on Bouquet Canyon is the Heads Up Horse Therapy
Ranch which is a non profit organization that uses horses in therapy
for disabled people.

Their ranch was completely lost in the fire and the caretaker, Jim
Tindell, was burned trying to rescue the 11 horses that lived there.
He's doing well but will be in the Sherman Oaks burn unit for a
while. One of the horses had some burns but is ok and all of the
horses are being cared for and housed in Sand Canyon. They are
looking for volunteers to help out in the mornings as well as any
grooming tools and tack that anyone can spare since all of that was
lost. Contact michael@headsuptherapy.com if you can help with horse
stuff.

The Tindell's are one of the nicest families you could possibly meet
and they have lost absolutely everything. They have a son in the
sixth grade and a daughter in the third grade if you have clothes or
toys that might help them out. If you can help financially, the SCV-
Newhall Optimists are collecting checks and donations for them. You
can send your check or money order to

Jim and Terry Tindell

SCV-Newhall Optimist Club
PO Box 1446
Canyon Country, CA 91351

Prayers are welcome too!

Bouquet has been reopened now and we have room for horses, RV's,
campers, etc.. if anyone needs to get out of harm's way.

Beth Cooke
30220 Bouquet Canyon Road
Saugus, CA 91390
(661) 297-7313