RE: [RC] Cloning/Larmarck/Bey Shah Temperament - heidi

"Pure Darwinism" is still pretty much adhered to in scientific circles,
especially as the counterpoint to creationism.

Well, not really.  Science has zoomed far past Darwin, and I can't remember how
long it's been since I've heard of "pure Darwinism" from anyone in the
scientific community.  I don't know that creationism needs a "counterpoint"--as
one with a foot in both the religious world and the scientific world, I would
submit that the phrase "pure Darwinism" is bandied about far more by so-called
"creationists" who don't want to consider science at all and who spout it as a
dirty word, and who in fact don't even read their Bibles very well, since they
don't understand that the two (very different) creation stories in Genesis were
never intended to be science, but instead were intended to underscore the
nature of a higher power as it relates to humanity.  Interesting stat:
something like 85% of scientists believe in a higher power, and acknowledge
that "creation" was not a random act but had to have some kind of a starter
force.  I would also submit that "creation" is an ongoing process, and that
there is nothing about us or about our earth th
at is "finished" yet.  Which leads one right back to science...

Interesting!--your experience with foals from the same stallions. Is it true
that most foals never meet their fathers?

It is the exception rather than the norm for foals to meet their fathers in any
sort of normal context, if at all.  Nonetheless, when they do, it is often
pretty clear that stallions recognize which foals are theirs and which are not,
even when they are long separated from their dams, and I've also found that
horses raised far apart from each other will often form family relationships
within a herd when introduced to one another, even at quite advanced ages.  It
is downright eerie when we euthanize a horse here, how all of the close
relatives in the upper mare pasture will rush to the fence to have a "funeral"
while the less related ones seem to be relatively unaffected.

"Environment" as an influence in forming neural connections is not just
about "objective" visual, auditory, and tactile stimuli. At the Soul level
of the organism, the subjective responses to these stimuli are unique, get
hard wired into the brain, and may or may not be inheritable going forward.
We are talking Soul or Consciousness or, at the very least, for all you
Social Darwinists, random herd behaviors. :-)

Sure.  But how much of the difference is "hard-wired" into the brain to begin
with, and then enhanced by "soul" level reactions?  So much personality is
evident right from birth--and I don't think it is necessarily random, either.
(And I would also submit that while not all of it is necessarily genetic, a
great deal of it still is.)  Sometimes "random" is just a code word for "we
don't understand why."

Chaos theory being what it is, as soon as you introduce one unique, random,
individual influence--whether hard wired into the brain or genes or not--the
organism starts down an infinitely divergent path.

Yep.

All I know is that, having about finished my book, I am starting to
seriously look for my Soul Horse, and I don't care much about breeding. I
care about heart and eye and how we are together in the now (and being less
than 15hh).

And I will submit that its likelihood of coming from within specific family
groupings is quite high.

Heidi