From: ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Beverley H. Kane, MD
Sent: Thursday, October 25, 2007 9:17 AM
To: RideCamp
Cc: Dave Smith
Subject: Re: [RC] Cloning/Larmarck/Bey Shah Temperament

Keep in mind, too, that the DNA in clones is not identical past Day One, as it diverges from the parent due to spontaneous mutations that occur frequently in nature.
The average human body has many mutations or breakages per day in our billions of cells.
Some breaks are repaired. Some mutant cells are mopped up by the immune system.
Some of these alterations persist into harmless phenotypic (physically manifested) changes and cancers.
Yes, we actually form "cancers" many times a day, and "cure" ourselves.

Pure Darwinism (inheritance only through natural selection and random variations) has never been scientifically, absolutely proven.
There is an alternate theory, called Larmarckian, that offers substantial experimental evidence for inheritance of acquired (physical) traits.
Read The Case of the Midwife Toad by Arthur Koestler. That book changed my life ~30 yrs ago.

Also, the constant formation of new neural connections in the brain is, I think, more relevant to behavior than genetics. This relates to the interesting thread on Bey Shah temperaments.

Also, for some intriguing parallels to cloning, I suggest you rent Pet Semetary from Netflix.

Beverley