Re: [RC] Points question - Eric Rueter

Here is what the rules state:

8.5.5.1 Where there are fewer than eleven Senior starters, (all
weight divisions added together), all bonus points,
(overall and weight division), are reduced by the following
methods.

8.5.5.2 Junior starters for a ride shall not be counted in the
overall count for starters.

8.5.5.3 Bonus points that would have been earned by the
place equal to the total number of Senior starters are
subtracted from every finisher?s points.

8.5.5.4 Points are calculated in the Junior Division based on
Top Five placing, according to the following formula:

Place Bonus Total Points/Mile
1       2.0          3.0
2       1.2          2.2
3       0.8          1.8
4       0.4          1.4
5       0.2          1.2
6 & lower 0.0        1.0

8.5.5.5 Where there are fewer than six Junior starters, bonus
points are reduced by the same method as for the Senior
riders.

    How *I* would interpret this is as *I* feel it is *intended* to be interpreted:

If there is one Junior rider, then they get NO bonus points.

If there is two Junior riders, the second place rider get no bonus points and the first place rider gets .8 bonus points.

    However, there would be some question about whether you should be counting Senior starters or Junior starters when applying rule 8.5.5.3....

Eric Rueter
Rueter Consulting, Inc.
Eric@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
865.988.4134(W)