[RC] Fwd: [RC-Digest] Vol: 03.5385 Bey Shah - Chipnml

--- Begin Message ---
Dezi is a Bey Shah grandson, and I have found him to be pretty temperamental to camp with...I will only use a hi-tie since he pulls and panics when tied to the trailer, and I don't trust him in a pen.  The trade-off is I ride him in a sidepull, and he is the easiest horse I've ever competed.  He eats like a pig at a trough, has learned to drink very well on the trail, doesn't care if he's in front or behind.  After 14 years of fighting with Cheers I can't believe how good I feel at the end of the ride with him.  The vets really like his conformation, he has a great topline, is short-backed and long legged, which does cause him to forge, but I have a wonderful farrier who can correct that.  I think the camping problems will improve...this is only my second year competing him, and he seems to get better at every ride.   Overall, he's a very sweet horse.  Maybe not a hot-footed front runner, but then, neither am I!

Chip

--- End Message ---