[RC] coggins - customary - Tx Trigger

Some states, not all of them, require a coggins be done before the ownership of a horse transfers. Texas is that way. So, when I bought my horse, she had not had a recent coggins. She paid for it, but it was done as I picked the horse up. (oversight on our part) I had it written in a contract if the test came back positive, she would refund money, and take horse back. They are really not that much to have done if you are looking at the over all purchase price etc. etc. If you need it to cross state lines after you purchase the horse, just have it done, but have it understood the sale is off, if the horse did turn out positive.

Jonni