[RC] Endurance breeds - MaryBDVM

So far so good with my 6 year old rescue Thoroughbred gelding.  He did well in his first 25 LD and was doing well in his second until I came off of him at the 23rd mile.  We were in 10th at that point.  His feet are good so far too.  My biggest concern is that he's a bit lazy.  Never expected that.  Still, I would rather ride my Arab-love the mind, forwardness and the agility so am looking for a pleasure trail or dressage home for the TB.  My Arab mare has been likened to a Porsche (fast and agile) and a Border Collie (looking for something to be fast and agile about).  My TB has been likened to a Cadillac (comfy ride) and a German Shepherd (for his work ethic-just keeps his mind on the job).

Thoughts and hopes for all the people in the CA fires.

Mary Brown, DVM