[RC] resting hr's changing with fitness?? - Chrystal Woodhouse

In the endurance news the article on conditioning states that a horse's HR will change with conditioning,although this is true of human's I have been taught for many years that this is NOT the case with horses'. I tried to look up the article referenced however couldn't find it and the one that I found that might have  had some good info is only available to vets.:-(  I also tried to email the person that wrote the article but had it returned so am asking RC'ers if they know more about the subject!!??
Thanks :-)
Chrystal