Re: [RC] Bey Shah temperament - Rebecca Fabiszak

I have a bi-polar 8 year old, halter broke gelding. He came to us halter broke and we have managed to get to the point of my daughter lying on his back as he stands stock still. Laid him down 3 times, each time took longer as he thought that it was a game. He would start around the

----- Original Message ----
From: Kathy Mayeda <kathy.mayeda@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Terry Banister <ebeyrider@xxxxxxxxxxx>; Sara Gooch <sgooch@xxxxxxxxxx>; ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Sunday, October 21, 2007 9:16:28 PM
Subject: Re: [RC] Bey Shah temperament

Terry I liked what you said about interacting and negotiating.  I had to get a lot of outside professional help in learning to do just that with Drako.  That part ain't natural to me!

Drako can do things with ease physically, but if he doesn't want to do something, you are right,  He'll quit.

He's a quirky horse, and pushing my limits of horsemanship all the time.  There are a lot of positives to this horse - his charm, his phyiscial attributes, etc.  Like I said, he's actually a pretty smart horse and learns quickly.  Just staying a step of head of him is my challenge.

The Parelli's have developed a Horseanality chart, and it's been fun trying to ID where Drako is on the chart.  Bipolar.

K.