Re: [RC] Differences between a Duck ride and other rides? - Don Huston

Hello David,

I have done 4 different "Duck Rides", 2 of them 3-4 times. They are excellent rides for doing what I love to do which is as you say "ride in some pretty cool places" and compete my horse and myself against the trail. The Duck discourages racing. If Karen thought that you might want to use a "Duck Ride" to see how many horses you could beat then she might have tried to discourage you. It's not the lack of amenities that make a "Duck Ride" it's the attitude and philosophy of the ride manager which basically is IMHO that the riders are to ride within the safe limits of their respective horses and have fun. If you can do that and still be first then your horse truly won on that particular day. There is no special treatment vet. You are not to race on the ragged edge of your horse's maximum capabilities and then expect the vet to save your horse if you make an error. Just go and "Ride" and like John Teeter said, "You'll have a grand time!".
Don Huston