Re: [RC] Proving Stallions (or mares for that matter) - Beth Walker

Great post, Kat. I clipped it, since it was pretty long...

So -- since there is such a long waiting period in endurance as opposed to flat track racing, what kind of 'proxy' tests would you suggest for people interested in evaluating a stallion's (or mare's) potential to produce good endurance prospects?

I know there are breeding programs out there with an emphasis in endurance, but (I'm guessing here) I think the majority of the programs are geared more toward either the show ring or Arabian racing, so someone evaluating those lines would need something else to go by.