[RC] furacin and wounds - Heidi Vanderbilt

?I've used a mixture of 2 parts betadine, one part peroxide sprayed or squirted on twice a day. Every other day I take a clean cloth and swipe the wound once--not hard--any scabs that come off come off, anything that doesn't come off isn't ready to and I leave alone. This has worked well even on large flap wounds, no infection and no scarring. It doesn't seem to hurt. I learned it from a nurse on a burn unit who said it's how they treat burned people. I don't know about that, but it's worked well on my horses. If nothing comes off on the very other day swipe, I go to every third day for a bit, then back to every other day.

Heidi Vanderbilt
LuckyPup Ranch
12000 S Wrong Mountain Road
Benson, AZ? ?85602