Re: [RC] Silly horse wounded professional escape artist - Don Huston

I have had much better results healing wounds when the horse has remained active. Inactivity has always caused more edema on my horses. Great story, I always like watching my horses when they are intent on some project or new toy. One day I took an empty 2.5 gal plastic water bottle and jammed 5-6 rocks inside, threw it in with my 3 horses and watched the action. Spooking, running, sniffing, the grey bit it and the crinkle-sound caused panic, more spooking, sniffing, the bay picked it up and a rock rattled, he dropped it and all the rocks rattled, he jumped,spun and split just like the Roadrunner cartoon. Great fun.
Don Huston