From: "Mike Lewis" <mikelewis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "ridecamp" <ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [RC]   Best People Shoes for Ride and Tie
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2007 21:56:44 -0400

I am considering ride and tie... or at least running part of the distance of endurance races on foot next to the horse. In my training, I tried riding in my running shoes and suffered for about 3 weeks thereafter with ankle/muscle pain.

What style shoes do most ride and tie folks wear when running? I assume the shoes must pull double duty and be suitable when riding the horse.

I have found my Ariat riding shoes to be OK for running, but not ideal. Traction is poor and the shoes limit my speed.

Finally, how can I find out which rides are ride and tie? I assume it is OK to run next to the horse on AERC sanctioned endurance rides, just to train?

Thank you,

Mike