Re: [RC] NATRC/AERC crossovers - Lynn Kinsky

On Oct 9, 2007, at 4:03 PM, Barbara McCrary wrote:
Also, the VCs were usually at the top of a very hard climb, and there was no water there that I can remember. The horses were judged on how fast they could recover to 56 after a long hard climb. I may be wrong about the water not being available, but I don't seem to remember any.

Barbara

They lose points based on how high their heartrate is above 48 10 minutes after arriving at the P&R/vet check. A heartrate of 48 after 10 minutes loses no points; a heartrate over 64 (usually -- the vets set the hold criteria before the ride starts) after 10 minutes results in a mandatory 10 minute hold and a bunch of points off. Most P&R stops have water nearby.

Lynn Kinsky, Santa Ynez, CA
http://www.silcom.com/~lkinsky/

http://www.dslextreme.com/~napha/JoyOfRiding/index.htm