Re: [RC] [RC] Uzes - Young Horses Finals - Truman Prevatt - SandyDSA

In a message dated 10/7/2007 11:35:19 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time, FXLivestock@xxxxxxx writes:
It would be one thing if AERC was an organization that was set up to groom horses towards high level competition and racing but it is not and it should not be.  There is a gap that is not being filled either by USEF or by AERC I and I think that is part of the problem.
Kim, I don't know how anyone could have put it better. I would think that, given the ultimate goal of participating in USEF events, as our junior stallion is doing right now i open jumping, that either USEF or a similar org with similar structure and goals would  and should fill that gap - but that takes a group of people stepping out on their own - costly and requiring tremendous work.

I had mentioned once before :) about the NSH coming in on the shirttails of AHRA and IAHA, and it was really not a good thing for the PB Arabian nor its rank and file owners. It sucked  resources, money  and time from AHRA/IAHA, then kicked us all to the curb. It also set up a framework for other breeds to promote their stallions and then get within the now AHA framework and org.  as half Arabians. Over the  past 30 something years, the Arabian horse has been kicked about, and interestingly enough, for the past 2 years, registrations of PB Arabians are DOWN! While I personally consider that a good thing (that not everything with plumbing gets bred), what bothers me about it is that many rank and file Arabian owners have been supplanted in many areas of heretofore Arabian experiences by half breeds, as if now the PB Arabian is inferior or subordinate to the new "breeds". APPLICATION?

AERC began to serve the desires of a group of 'renegade" riders who wanted to ride and ride and ride some more - and finish with a fit horse. The technical aspect of endurance seems to be increasingly lost, both as it is supplanted by flat rides HERE and mainly abroad. AERC would best serve its membership IMHO by sticking to its origins and allowing USEF to find, support, organize its own plan and goals. AERC should never feel compelled to be a support structure and certainly not a cornerstone for another organization. AERC - I is perhaps something of an oxymoron, and USEF should police its own store - it certainly has enough business. I the end, if asked, most of us who CAN afford to ride and have a decent horse have very little interest in paying the costs associated with another organization. If and when we DO want to do so, we know where to go!:)

Sandy Adams
Deep Sands Arabians
www.deepsands.com